1500 Juicy Recipes To Try With Your Smoker, Shipped Right to Your Door
Smoked Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
This smoked turkey recipe is ideal for your Thanksgiving celebration. The spice rub adds flavor, while the applewood smoke imparts a smoky aroma to the turkey.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours, 30 minutes
- Remove the turkey's giblets and neck and rinse with cold water.
- Using paper towels, pat dry.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the kosher salt, brown sugar, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried rosemary.
- Rub olive oil all over the turkey, then coat with the spice mixture.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Soak applewood chips for at least 30 minutes in water.
- Prepare the smoker as directed by the manufacturer, using applewood chips for smoke flavor.
- Remove the turkey from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place turkey in smoker and cook for 6-7 hours at 225°F, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the turkey reaches 165°F.
- Allow the turkey to rest for 20-30 minutes before carving.
Smokin' With Myron Mixon
The Unofficial Masterbuilt Smoker Cookbook
Weber 18-Inch Smokey Mountain Cooker And Charcoal Smoker
Smoked Pork Ham Recipe
Smoked Kippers (Herring) Recipe
Smoked Chicken Legs Recipe
Smoked Ribeye Steak Recipe